
Since the Eagles were playing on New Year's Eve, we went over to the Bond's early, 4:00PM. Of course, I had to take a nap before we went over so that I could make it to midnight to welcome in the New Year. The game went well (the Eagles won) and then we had dinner. And a delicious dinner it was; prime rib, potatoes, salad and rolls. We had snacks during the game so we were STUFFED after dinner. Then we listened to a little music (Beatles and Grateful Dead) and then played some cards (Pinochle and Tonk, as usual). Desert around 11:30 and then made it to the couch to set up the picture. Couldn't get the TV to work (cable problems) but settled those problems. Set up the camera on the top of the TV, a precarious perch, and when I pushed the button to set the timer (the timer must be set with only 10 seconds to go so that I can run and get into the picture and the picture will be taken at exactly 12 Midnight)...anyway when I pushed the button, the camera slipped almost off the top of the TV and I had to reset the camera and run, pick up my glass and pose for the picture. We were all afraid I wasn't going to make it but it made for a funny picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment