YOU ARE HERE X

Welcome to Mamu's Ramblings...stay a while and browse through my pictures.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Mamu Leaves

Tuesday began bright and early when Celia woke at 4:00AM. I went in and talked with her a little and snuggled (what a treat for Mamu, even at 4:00AM). It didn't take long for Celia to settle down but then I couldn't go back to sleep. Finally got up around 5:00, showered and went down to the basement to check on work and start the last load of wash (sheets). E was up gathering the bags to take the girls with her. It was finally time to get the girls and we had grits and eggs and strawberries for breakfast. It was a flurry of activity until 9:15AM when we loaded up the girls. E had moved the car seats on Monday night (with some help from one of Dave's friends) and we had set up the DVD player. We got them all hooked up and turned on the DVD and we were off.

I had a nice drive listening to my CDs and thinking about my time with the girls. I am soooo glad that I am retiring so that I can have times like these. Dave and Mary have done a great job with raising Celia and Bennett. Their love shines in, around and through the girls and Celia understands that God can help her through everything. He put "happy thoughts" in her head every night to help her go to sleep and she asked Him to take care of her family in her prayers at night and at meals.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Mom,
The more time we are back the more we hear about all of the great stuff you did with the girls. This morning Celia just started singing "turn your eyes upon Jesus" and sang the whole first verse. We never taught her that so were were very happy and surprised, she said Mamu Pops and Aunt Jess taught it to her. The girls really loved their time with you, and they look forward to more hang time soon. We love you,
Dave